A circular path near the parking area leads visitors to the 14 Stations of The Cross. The bronze bas-relief sculptures were purchased by The Grotto’s founder, Father Ambrose Mayer, OSM, in 1930. Set in shrines of tufa stone, surrounded by trees, flowers and ferns, they were erected along two rising paths at the base of the cliff. The volcanic rock used in construction of the Stations came from Battle Ground, Washington.
Stations of the Cross
<< Back to Garden Discovery